Friday, September 19, 2008

Roof, Roof, oh yeah, and a B-day!



It's not raining today either, so the roof is going up. Actually, we're thinking of getting the metal roofing on quickly so we can get some lawn chairs up there and catch some rays before the long winter sets in....you know, that Vitamin D stuff really does help.
Yes, I'm 38 now. Praise the Lord for His goodness and blessings! It's weird how long I thought the Titus 2 woman was much, much older. I still love listening to older women than I talk about loving their husbands more and their children more and learning how better to serve others, but it's also becoming more and more something that should just ooze out of me too. It is great to finally go places and not be worried that my children are going to stick some shiny whatnot in their mouth that they found on the ground, or fall down a flight of stairs because they're just learning to walk. I do feel a little more freedom than I have had for a long time in that area, but I still realize that time is fleeting and before long, I'll be crying at their graduations, and weddings, or promotions, or whatever God brings their way. Wow, it is an amazing thing to be getting older and realizing all of the things that I'm still trying to get a handle on in my life, but yet also realizing how far I've come and hopefully learned from and matured in some areas.

3 comments:

mama said...

Twenty years ago I'd have said you were really old. . . . I'm with ya Kristine!! Glad it was a good one!

nani said...

I remember 38...it was way too long ago!!! But....ummm...that's alot of light on that cake, dude!! :) Love ya!

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Missed you at the back to school picnic. Happy Birthday ya old woman! :)