Dear Friends and Family,
As some of you know, September 18th of this year will mark my 40th birthday. As this year began, my search to do something significant to mark this milestone started. Celebrating with a cruise or vacation, big birthday bash, or dreaming of presents and pampering came up with empty emotions. But, when a friend emailed a link for a ministry opportunity in Israel, I knew that this was the "significant thing" that I had been searching for.
The ministry that I would be going with has a passion to help the people of Israel to become successful in restoring the land agriculturally by volunteering work on small, independent farms. They enlist the help of volunteers who can raise their own travel fare, pay for food and lodging, and work on the farms bringing in the grape and olive harvests. This is a unique opportunity to be a blessing and support for the Israeli farmers by showing them God's love through serving in this way.
After much prayer and encouragement from friends, I have begun the application and registration process having faith that the Lord can make a way for me to be able to go if He desires. The first step was to get a passport (the longest item to process). Not knowing the costs involved in such an item, I was dismayed to find out that getting the passport alone would cost $135! That was when my heart began to realize that if God was going to do this, He would provide in amazing ways. That Sunday, I was asked if I would simply share my desire to go and ask the people to pray that the Lord would provide. By the end of that day, I had been provided with enough money to pay for not only the passport, but also the $200 down payment.
Now, I'm bursting with joy to realize that "God will make a way, when there seems to be no way..." Will you please pray with me for the ability to go into Israel and help farmers in the regions of Judea and Samaria?
My plans are to go October 3-24. The cost for food and lodging is $300 per week ($900 total) to stay with a team in an apartment setting. The best estimate I've been able to find for flight tickets is $2000.
Thank you for your prayers! I am confident that God can work out the details for this "significant thing" to mark my first 40 years of life on this earth and.....to the next 40 and beyond......
Much love,
Kristine:)
Ps. 37:4
As some of you know, September 18th of this year will mark my 40th birthday. As this year began, my search to do something significant to mark this milestone started. Celebrating with a cruise or vacation, big birthday bash, or dreaming of presents and pampering came up with empty emotions. But, when a friend emailed a link for a ministry opportunity in Israel, I knew that this was the "significant thing" that I had been searching for.
The ministry that I would be going with has a passion to help the people of Israel to become successful in restoring the land agriculturally by volunteering work on small, independent farms. They enlist the help of volunteers who can raise their own travel fare, pay for food and lodging, and work on the farms bringing in the grape and olive harvests. This is a unique opportunity to be a blessing and support for the Israeli farmers by showing them God's love through serving in this way.
After much prayer and encouragement from friends, I have begun the application and registration process having faith that the Lord can make a way for me to be able to go if He desires. The first step was to get a passport (the longest item to process). Not knowing the costs involved in such an item, I was dismayed to find out that getting the passport alone would cost $135! That was when my heart began to realize that if God was going to do this, He would provide in amazing ways. That Sunday, I was asked if I would simply share my desire to go and ask the people to pray that the Lord would provide. By the end of that day, I had been provided with enough money to pay for not only the passport, but also the $200 down payment.
Now, I'm bursting with joy to realize that "God will make a way, when there seems to be no way..." Will you please pray with me for the ability to go into Israel and help farmers in the regions of Judea and Samaria?
My plans are to go October 3-24. The cost for food and lodging is $300 per week ($900 total) to stay with a team in an apartment setting. The best estimate I've been able to find for flight tickets is $2000.
Thank you for your prayers! I am confident that God can work out the details for this "significant thing" to mark my first 40 years of life on this earth and.....to the next 40 and beyond......
Much love,
Kristine:)
Ps. 37:4
5 comments:
Such an exciting prospect, and I know God has his eye on you as you prepare for such a journey!
I like your picture. Although wouldn't you think us moms could get somebody to snap a picture, instead of us having to do it ourselves? LOL.
Wow. What an amazing way to grow your faith, serve others and celebrate God's provisions for you for 40 years. It is neat to hear how God has already provided. I can't wait to hear all the good stories and of course see the slide show! :0) I will be praying for your journey.
This is one very cool idea! :) I can think of no one that I know that this would be more perfect for!!
WOW WHEE!!!!!!!! Do you need a traveling companion???
God does give us the desires of our hearts doesn't He??
40 is simply a new phase of walking with Yeshua my dear, precious friend.
I will be praying for you as you prepare..
I love you!!
Bonnie
And after I sent the email I thought it was a silly thing to send. . . . now I'm so glad I did!! I can't tell you how jealous I am that you get to go. Maybe next year we can take a group trip? Have a great time there and happy birthday!
Post a Comment