Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hello

This is my attempt to try to compensate for my terrible letter writing skills. :) I'm hoping that this will help friends and family to hear from us without having to wait until they finally call and say, "Are you still alive?".....or "I haven't heard from you, are you okay?"

Letter writing has never been a habit I have cultivated in my life. My Mom faithfully writes dozens of people (even with the cost of postage becoming worse) and I watch her with a little twinge of jealousy when she receives beautifully handwritten letters in return, or thoughtful cards and we won't even discuss the tons of Holiday updates that line the archway near Christmastime. I am blessed to have a few dear friends and family that have hung on for the looonnnggg ride and continue to write, send cards, and even call, but my apologies sound so empty and even the excuse of having 4 children seems lame (considering that I should be teaching my children to write beautifully and blessing people with artwork and school papers).

So, my prayer is that through this blog, I will be able to extinguish the feelings of guilt for not sending pictures of our beautiful blessings and somehow encourage others through my journeys in life. :)

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding


6 comments:

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

That looks really good. I love the family photo. What a beautiful family God has given you. BTW our church is having a family film night on the 13th of July. At 6pm we are having a soup and bread dinner and then at 7pm we will be watching the movie, "Facing the Giants". Look it up on the web. It was put out by a church and it is so awesome! We would love to have you as our guests. Dan will be in TX for training but the girls and I will be there. Hugs, AM

Kreg said...

Lookin' good sis!!

Shanda said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging :) :).. Miss you... love you!!!!

Deb said...

hi!
Praise the Lord you are all still alive and well! haha
so glad you are online now......
we miss you all...the Stephansens!
ps check out these pics on Sarah's flikr:
http://flickr.com/photos/63019608@N00/

Kristine said...

Hi Shanda! I just realized that this is the way to reply to the comments, so now I'm going back to the beginning and "commenting". Of course it also made me realize that you can read comments on other people's blogs too, so I wish I would have known because your friend Diana was great in helping to let people know what was happenin' when you were away.
You're in my prayers!
Love,
Kristine

Kristine said...

Hi Deb!
Those pictures are great -- what a beautiful young lady Sarah is! I know I should know the other friends in the pictures, but I can't pick out any names. Who's her friend that is in many of them? She looks very familiar! I sure miss the "good ol' days in Wisconsin". Great memories!!
Thanks for sending the update!
Love,
Kristine