Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Doggie Weston and Making Teepees


I found this doggie outfit at the thrift store in October and so saved it for a "rainy day" activity. Well, it was a huge hit!! Weston has been a doggie since he got it a couple of days ago. Poppy taught him how to "beg" and "sit up" and "roll over", so he is learning very quickly for puppy. :) hee hee

Today in school we made teepees and read about how the plains Indians made teepees so they could follow the buffalo herds and live in a portable dwelling while moving around so much. Of course, in typical home learning fashion...it also gives us the opportunity to talk about the semicircle and that it is half of a circle (or 50%). It is fun when a lesson just "automatically" includes all 4 of the children's ages and learning levels! And... Weston quickly scribbled on a teepee so he could get back to one of his favorite fine motor skills -- using scissors!!!! :) Look at those precious bare feet...aren't they just scrumptious??

We're "snowed-in" today with about a foot of snow falling since last night, so I'll try to take some winter wonderland pictures while the kiddos are being treated to a snowmobile ride on Poppy's snowmachine!! Church was canceled and since I really didn't want to go slipping and sliding into town, we moved the kiddos dentist appointments from today too. Yeah -- a "stay home" day!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shanda said...

We just got rid of our foot of snow by 2 VERY spring like days (high of 64)!!! My children are VERY confused, they think it's springtime!!!

mama said...

We're snowed in too! YAY! Isn't it beautiful?

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

I shoveled off our deck today by myself. The WHOLE thing. Wow! I feel buff. I never would have been able to do it before I started weights. It felt good to email Dan and let him know it was taken care of! I told him that it freed up more time for him to consider the summer vacation plans I had emailed him. HEHEHE:)