Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sunny Day!


After our icy/rainy weather, the sun came out and the kiddos spent about an hour and a half outside today. After the kiddos found out that a small tree had fallen over onto the sledding hill (the ice storm did quite a bit of damage with the trees in the area), Shaeanne wanted to move it out of the way. She figured that she was definitely strong enough and had a great time yanking and pulling and realizing that it may take a saw to help get the obstacle out of the path of their sled run. Weston had fun eating ice chunks and Toby had fun barking at the kiddos! Daddy helped dig out forts in the snow banks too -- great fun!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

mama said...

. . . sweepin' the clouds away. . . Oh wait, wrong blog. . . Anyway wasn't it nice to see the sun again, even if just briefly?

I remember that, thinking I could do ANYTHING, if I just tried hard enough, or if I tried harder. Actually, I still do. Reality is tough.

Bonnie said...

Oh watchin Weston chonk down on that ice pack makes my teeth hurt!!
What a lovely day you had.
We had sunshine a little this am but now it is gone...still is supposed to get up to 40 today.
WOW!

I am healing well. Feeling ok.
Love you,
Bonnie

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

It's a bummer about the trees in the sled area. My girls had a series of tunnels layed out in the first foot on snow and they were just sure that the next snow would roof them for them. They are a bit annoyed at the ice layer. Very hard to work with and it didn't roof anything as they had planned.