Eight years old -- Wow! It's hard to believe it's been 8 years, but I guess all Moms say it at some point as their babies grow up. It was a good day! The Lord was very gracious in helping my shopping efforts for this one (since Shaeanne chose the "gift option" this year rather than the "pick the activities for the day" route). She gave me a list of things and between the thrift stores, gifts from others, and great sales at the local grocery store, it worked out to be a generous day! Shaeanne wanted a portable CD player and after her last one got worn out from the opening and shutting and normal $15 hunk of plastic technology issues, I suggested an MP3 player. Long story -- short: Sony MP3 player...$2.99 at my favorite thrift store!! The player was in a box with other assorted doodads and since it was without a cord, it was basically a $3 gamble as to whether the old digital camera cord I had at home was the same connector or just looked like it. God is so good about the details in our lives! I'm still amazed at how that all worked out and watching Garratt give his skateboard to his little sister was the icing on the fun-to-make snowman cake that was specifically requested. Happy Birthday, dear Shaeanne! May you grow up to be a mighty woman of God!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Happy Birthday, Shaeanne!
Eight years old -- Wow! It's hard to believe it's been 8 years, but I guess all Moms say it at some point as their babies grow up. It was a good day! The Lord was very gracious in helping my shopping efforts for this one (since Shaeanne chose the "gift option" this year rather than the "pick the activities for the day" route). She gave me a list of things and between the thrift stores, gifts from others, and great sales at the local grocery store, it worked out to be a generous day! Shaeanne wanted a portable CD player and after her last one got worn out from the opening and shutting and normal $15 hunk of plastic technology issues, I suggested an MP3 player. Long story -- short: Sony MP3 player...$2.99 at my favorite thrift store!! The player was in a box with other assorted doodads and since it was without a cord, it was basically a $3 gamble as to whether the old digital camera cord I had at home was the same connector or just looked like it. God is so good about the details in our lives! I'm still amazed at how that all worked out and watching Garratt give his skateboard to his little sister was the icing on the fun-to-make snowman cake that was specifically requested. Happy Birthday, dear Shaeanne! May you grow up to be a mighty woman of God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy Birthday, sweet Shaeanne!!! We send our love, hugs and kisses all the way from MI, we miss you!! Big girl, 8 years old :)
Post a Comment