Ingredients:
-Enough Matzos to cover the bottom of a jelly pan
-2 Sticks of butter (1/2 pound)
-1 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
-2 cups chocolate chips
1. Cover a large jellyroll pan with aluminum foil. Spray well and line with parchment paper.
2. Lay matzos flat in the prepared pan. Be sure the entire pan bottom is covered with matzo, trimming matzo if necessary.
3. Combine butter and sugar in a pot on the stovetop. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Pour butter-sugar mixture over matzos. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes, watching carefully to prevent burning.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot brittle. Let the chocolate melt, and then spread with a knife.
6. Top with chopped nuts (if desired, can use walnuts, pecans, or almonds)
7. Refrigerate
8. Break into pieces and serve.
YUMMY!!!
I found this recipe online. It is compiled by Paula Weinstein and Julie Remer.
3 comments:
Yum is right! And so simple. Wow!!
Yay! I found it! I am so excited to make this. You have shared so generously at Passover and now it has become a family favorite and possibly a tradition :) Thanks!
And. Just so you know. It doesn't work out nearly so well with non-dairy "butter." :( But well enough, I guess. There's just no substitute for the real thing!
Post a Comment