Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm still alive....

Wow...has it really been over a month since my last posting?? Yikes! Where has the time gone? I really can't say much for excuses. My life has been turned upside down and I really can't put my finger on the ways to get it right-side-up again. Tuesday will be my big allergy test. I'm again hoping for answers, but am realistically thinking that there won't be any -- still! My day to day ups and downs are inconsequential really, but have me in a funky tailspin.

Don's job has changed and with the crazy schedule that Home Depot has handed him, I have to constantly remind myself to be thankful that he has a job even though our plans are all over the place. I used to find myself secretly longing for 3:30 p.m. when Daddy would walk through the door and help me to add consistency to my sporadic discipline habits of the day. He truly is my hero -- he can stay so unemotional when it comes to handling heated contests with the kiddos. Don would be almost halfway through his work day by the time we were eating breakfast each morning! It was so very nice! Then, cutbacks in the corporation and Don's position is eliminated. He is "overqualified" for another position with consistent scheduling. So now he is on a schedule that is all over the board: he doesn't really know which 2 days of the week he'll be getting off nor what hours of the day he'll work until the schedule is put up on the wall 2 weeks ahead of time. So far, he's been able to trade days and be able to get Sundays off, but for how long? Please pray with us for some answers in this area of our lives as well. I'm so very thankful that he has a job when there are so many people that are searching! We just would love to have some predictability to his schedule so we can plan some family time.

I really DO have some great pictures to share and some fun things to tell you about. I'm just trying to clear the fog of my life and for some strange reason have let the blog fall down a few notches on the priority list.

Kristine:)

3 comments:

.Kate. said...

I've been praying you would get some answers in the area of your health - will continue to pray! I will also add Don's job situation to my prayer list. I know how it goes with frustrations in that area! Thinking of you often as I begin to plan for homeschooling my children, which will include music lessons as well. Hope you continue to find daily peace in the midst of the chaos. Isaiah 26:3,4

Bonnie said...

Oh dear one,
cling to the Word of God as if it were the only lifeboat in the water! It truly is your only "constant" as you deal with health and jobs being uncertain. I like how you find the gems in it all. I've always loved that about you!
Know we will be praying.
Thank you for being real.

I love you,
Bonnie

mama said...

I don't think it's so strange that the blog isn't the most important thing in your life. . . no need to apologize either. . . I'm right there with ya!! The inconsistent work schedule, or any other reason to make our daily schedules here and there, really do make life more complicated. Hang in there. . . I like that you are finding ways to enjoy the "wild ride"!