Friday, May 21, 2010

Girls

Having girls really is more fun than I thought it would be! Having girls that I can watch develop into best friends is heavenly! Having a sister must be a pretty cool thing because seeing life through girl eyes just makes events a little more colorful. They still giggle at night like I used to when I'd go over to a friend's house for a sleepover. I can't imagine being able to tee-hee and giggle about silliness every single night after the lights go out. I enjoy being the only daughter in my family, though, because there are special bonds that I have with each of my parents that my brothers can't. But, I sometimes imagine what my girls must think about going through life with a sister. They don't remember life without each other (since they are 16 months apart in age) and complement each other in many ways. I pray that they will continue to skip through life together hand in hand, watching each other's back, and always ready to lift the other up.


Remember making pictures in school out of macaroni and spaghetti? It's enough to make you go crazy!




The girls got to be "mommies" for a day and had a blast!



The sun feels warm when it's shining on the picnic table! It looks like Linnaea is reading her Bible -- how cool!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Your new friend Carol said...

Great post!

Bonnie said...

Only in Alaska can you sun bathe on a picnic table, with snow on the ground and have your bare piggies out!
I love it, and I love girls and how they make our lives sweet and giggly.

Love you friend,
Bonnie

mama said...

Girls ARE so much fun. I can't imagine life without mine!!