This is a blog about the adventures of life. Please join me in our meanderings.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Memorial Day
After Daddy got home from work, we had a little picnic out on the roof (actually it is my parent's deck, but the roof of our addition). It is a beautiful day today and a great day to remember the blessing of our freedom and those who have fought and are fighting to defend our country. Instead of saying "God bless America", I like to say "America--bless God!" because as we as a nation bless God by turning from our wicked ways and seek His face, He will hear from heaven and will forgive our sin (II Chronicles 7:14).
I've had a similar inspiration lately in prayer. I used to pray 'Lord please walk with us today' and the truth is that He does whether I ask Him to or not so I changed my prayer to 'help us walk with you today Lord' and I feel like that is much more helpful! Looks like a fun picnic! Invitation to girls is still wide open for next week (Monday thru Wednesday)... :)
2 comments:
I've had a similar inspiration lately in prayer. I used to pray 'Lord please walk with us today' and the truth is that He does whether I ask Him to or not so I changed my prayer to 'help us walk with you today Lord' and I feel like that is much more helpful! Looks like a fun picnic! Invitation to girls is still wide open for next week (Monday thru Wednesday)... :)
Amen and amen!
We forget all God has done so quickly don't we?
Great insight my friend.
Love you,
Me
Post a Comment