Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Canoe Trip Part 2

This was my favorite meal! I actually felt "normal" while enjoying a hot meal like everyone else. :) In a freezer ziploc bag, I put instant brown rice, dried cranberries, onion powder, rosemary, salt, pepper, and toasted pinenuts. When it was time to cook it, I poured almost boiling water into the bag, sealed it up and kept it warm in my stocking cap. It was really yummy, and made me so happy that I asked Garratt to take a picture of me enjoying it. :)
The loons were fantastic! I could hear them especially at night and loved it. Their haunting cry is one of my favorite sounds ever, so each year it is one of the things I look forward to experiencing.
There was a swan couple on the lake that we camped at. Some of the others on the trip said that they saw a nest and everything -- beautiful!
It rained most of the way back out, but it didn't matter because our trip was over and so we just let ourselves get wet! This is the sign at the "drop off/pick up" area. There were 5 land portages and 2 water portages, so packing light is key. Our trip started on a Friday morning and we came back Tuesday late afternoon. So much fun!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mama said...

You know, that actually sounds pretty yummy! Isn't it amazing how much better you feel with good food??