This is the view from our camp! Besides the occasional plane flying overhead and a few canoeists sailing through, we pretty much had the entire lake to ourselves. It is very remote, and one of the things that I enjoy -- very little of the "outside world" came with us. The other 2 leaders in the group had cellphones and made a few informational calls throughout the trip, but the rest of us had no electronics of any kind! For texting teenagers -- it was quite nice to interact without abbreviations. ;)
A fallen birch tree had completely rotted out and the bark was left in a tube -- pretty cool. I have another cool picture of it, I'll show you next time...
We did some group activities that were really neat. The factor of trusting each other and working as a team came into play. We had one activity where each person was passed along like this only held up by the others' arms. Some of the guys actually thought it would be fun to throw each other into the air, so some of them did that too!
Here's the gang! We enjoyed a very special time and grew closer to each other and closer to the Lord on this trip. There were some significant decisions made on Monday night and I think every one of us came back in better shape spiritually than when we left! I'm so very thankful to have been able to go and participate in this trip for the 3rd year....now to start gathering ideas for next year......

1 comment:
Ahhh, what fun, and how cool that you'll do it again next year!!!
Post a Comment