Tuesday, April 22, 2008
"He Speaks Another Language"
While Daddy slept this evening, the children and I watched a movie. "Yours, Mine and Ours" with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda was a funny movie (and recommended in a book I have called "The Family Guide to Classic Movies"). If the movie is not in the book, it means that the writer of the book would not recommend it for family viewing. This movie was a little beyond my comfort zone in some areas, but also made for some hilarious comments by Shaeanne! Henry Fonda is upset about something and is talking to another grown-up when he says, "d-mn torpedoes" along with something else I don't remember. While Garratt said, "I wish they wouldn't say that word", Shaeanne pipes up, "He speaks another language". I laughed so hard that I could hardly breathe. She said it so matter-of-factly and it was hilarious. Then....the part of the movie when Philip is being bullied in the schoolroom because the teacher and classmates think that he should sign his legal name on the school work and he feels that he should sign his "new" name -- Shaeanne again pipes up, "That's exactly why we don't go to school!" Oh, it was priceless....How do they come up with this stuff??? So, I guess watching the movie was worth it for those comments -- what a good dose of humor. Oh yeah, explaining why the couple had a weird look on their faces when the store owner said the statue was the goddess of fertility was another funny moment. Little did I know how educational the movie would really be. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
From the mouths of babes!! :) I'd be too afraid that mine would think it funny and start repeating it at odd (and inappropriate!!) times. Maybe that's where the maturity comes in?
Sounds like they got lessons in several 'dialects'! Their perceptions are so cute. I remember my Grandma being so upset to come downstairs and see me watching GREASE. All I saw were kids dressed up in 50's clothes and singing and dancing. All the dirty inuendos that she was upset about went right over my head. I didn't understand her emotion until I watched the movie again when I was older. At that point, I was surprised she had been as calm as she had!
Post a Comment