Thursday, April 3, 2008

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged to share 6 quirky things about myself....

1. I guess a big quirk about myself is how unorganized I really am! Many people see me away from my home working in a ministry or other group setting and think that I am organized -- NOPE!! My house constantly looks like someone robbed the place! I've "hidden" presents for the children in plain sight because there's so much stuff piled up that they wouldn't notice -- my poor kiddos....they'll probably be neat freaks as adults to counteract their childhood! I'm working on it, but my Dad comforts by saying that many of the most creative, productive people in the world are terribly unorganized. I'll just call it my "Beethoven's Bunglings". Who knew I was actually a genius?? Ha Ha!

2. The toilet paper must (I repeat MUST) unroll over the top of the roll. I used to actually change the roll around when I would be at other people's houses. Not anymore, though....now I just don't use the T.P. AAAHHH JUST KIDDING!! :)

3. Spoiled, smelly dish cloths drive me nuts, so I wash the dish cloths much more often than necessary! I'm not really a germaphobic (looking around my disorganized mess would show that I have a working relationship with dust bunnies), but certain things must be "nipped in the bud" (as Barney Fife would say).

4. I cry at concerts, plays, and other cultural performances because I love being there. It is a huge treat to be able to experience those things in person, so the emotionalism and excitement gets to me and I many times get teary-eyed when that sort of emotion doesn't even fit. I even cried during the last movie that Don and I went to and it wasn't even during the sad part!

5. Water is one of my favorite things...I love to hear it, taste it, touch it, smell it, and see it. I love to be in it, under it, around it, above it, and near it. Most of my favorite memories and daydreams have to do with water: whitewater rafting, being in a helicopter above Niagara Falls, being at the beach with family members (Santa Cruz, Myrtle Beach, Cocoa Beach, Captain Cook State Park, etc...), giving birth to my second born in the water, etc...

6. I enjoy change. I just recently broke my record for the amount of time I've lived in a particular house -- 4 years now (my record was 3 years!) Up until this last move, I actually enjoyed moving and "starting over". I'm constantly trying to figure out how to change the furniture around in our house. It's finally becoming more of a priority in my mind to stay home and not be running around doing stuff constantly. Maybe I'm slowing down with age, and maybe I'm just learning a little more about contentment. Maybe (going back to quirk #1, I'm just tired of moving around all the junk and am learning that it's easier to stay organized if you're not constantly packing and unpacking boxes). :)


As far as tagging someone, I'll just tag anyone who reads this and feels like playing along! :)

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you: Alicia at http://marloweblessings.blogspot.com/

2. Post the rules.

3. Share six non-important habits/quirks about yourself.

4. Tag three other people.

5. Make sure the people you tagged know you did by commenting on what you did.

2 comments:

mama said...

Wow. . . the Kristine we never really knew!!!

I don't think some of those are too quirky though. I also insist that the TP roll off the top (so you'll be "safe" to use it here!!! :D)

#3 describes me too. ick--shudder---

And I understand the tears. I got to get a hold of myself when the "Sesame Street" theme song plays. Isn't that pathetic?

But you're on your own with the moving, ugh, I hope to never move again! (Of course, the last two times have been in the last month of pregnancy. Hmm.)

Maybe I'll consider myself tagged. (Yeah, like when would I have time to do THAT???)

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

You do appear very organized. If your kids do conpensate in their adulthood, what a gift! I too HATE spoiled dish rags. That is the nastiest thing. I use lots of bleach and vinegar (sweetens odifurous laundry)! Thanks for playing along! It was fun to know a little more about you. (I especially liked the Barney Fife reference - he just kills me!)