Thursday, May 21, 2009

"A Child of the King"

This is the only picture I took of the room before the children came. Sorry it's blurry. The party was for the end of the club year for Truth Trackers at our church. I am also ending my time as teaching "kid's clubs" for a while anyway and will move toward helping more with our youth group at church (of which Garratt will join this fall). There were only a couple of times that I choked up a little during our celebration, but we had a blast realizing that when we trust Jesus as our Savior, we become children of the King! We ate our snacks with toothpicks and sipped from bejeweled glasses. There were prizes for the children to pick and they got to search for jewels. I have a rough tote filled about 1/3 of the way with raw white rice and have found many fun ways to use it for various activities. Last night, I hid the jewels in it and the children each got to search for them in the rice. We don't really have real sandboxes up here (the plain beach kind of sand that makes great castles, etc... is hard to come by). So this Alaskan family plays in a little box of rice! :)
Linnaea: A Child of the King!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mama said...

You have some awesome, amazing ideas! Where do you come up with such creative things?

Kristine said...

I do a lot of praying! I pray for ideas and the Father gives them to me. It's fun to see how it comes together because I usually don't know how it's going to work until the day before the event. Family Fun magazine has neat ideas that I use as a springboard. God is so good!!