Thursday, August 6, 2009

Frogs, Frogs, Frogs!

The kiddos have been enjoying the break in the rain by exploring the outdoors and searching for frogs.
Shaeanne carried this one around for almost an hour and named it "Hopper". She had a hard time saying goodbye when it was time to let it go, but promised to come back the next day (today) and say "Hi".
Linnaea found this little one this morning and was thrilled that she caught it all by herself. Shaeanne has held the role of "sole frog catcher" until now. He is in a bucket in the backyard awaiting Nay Nay's return from swimming. In classic homeschooling fashion, I'm suddenly eager to "jump in" to a unit study on amphibians and already pulled out a frog book for them to check out. God's creation still amazes me! The variety is astounding.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

glitzen said...

Oh my goodness, I am a frog NUT! I had over 100 in an old fridge-turned aquarium when I was a little girl. They all had names! :)
Your pictures are great! Love it. Tell the kids they have to come over now and meet Prince Charming, our big fat pet aquatic frog.

mama said...

I found one in my yard last week. Thankfully, it hopped out of the way of the lawnmower. But it was quite a bit bigger than these ones, could it have been a toad? It was about the same color. We've never seen them in our yard before, but we do live by a lake (pond) (it's quite a ways away though.)

Have fun "jumping" in your studies!

Morhu said...

Hooray for little girls who arent afraid of catching frogs! They make me so proud :D I think there is sometimes nothing better than just discovering what is around you!