Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Canoe Trip!

 
 
 
 
WOW!! What a great time! Don and I got the opportunity to go on a canoe trip with the youth group from our church and Granny watched the kiddos so we could go. We were gone 5 days and 4 nights and it was a fantastic vacation for me. Spending 5 days with teenagers was very refreshing considering my current job description in this season of my life. We learned a lot about each other and Don and I realized how much we actually enjoy camping. It isn't as expensive as flight tickets and hotel fees, so maybe camping will actually be doable with the family too. I was sort of the camp cook and learned that cooking over a fire is much easier when you can concentrate and not get distracted. That was another bonus to being around Jr. and Sr. Highers....they were more independent. :) We're already looking forward to next year's trip. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

mama said...

Beautiful pics! Sounds like a fun trip.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome way to spend a few days. I am sure that in the same way the young people were a blessing to you, you, likewise, were to them....your godly example, your delightful laughter, and the attempts to cook over the fire (lol) Enjoy the rest of the summer.....