Thursday, July 24, 2008

Is it Summer Yet?

 
 
 
 
Well, we've had about 5 days total of warmer weather so far this "summer" and since we needed to go back to the lake the next day to clean up after our "camp-out", we decided to let the kiddos see how the water was. They got a little bit wet, and the floaties came in handy after we pulled them out of the tent (they were going to serve as air mattresses the night before). Garratt was able to get quite close to a Mama Grebe and a couple of babies, so that was fun to watch. As you can see, the hole in Linnaea's mouth is getting bigger too -- hee hee! Too bad we can't get some good ol' corn on the cob for her to gum to death. At $1.30 an ear, all we would end up doing is getting mad that we spent a lot of money on corn that couldn't even come close to the stuff we used to have in Michigan! If someone wants to fly up here with a few hundred pounds of produce, we would probably fall down and kiss your feet. :) We could always trade ya for some salmon to take back with ya!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

mama said...

Don't even get me started.

No, wait, I'll just blog about it then I can complain as much as I want! :D

Bonnie said...

You have got yourself a deal! I have been CRAVING salmon but it is 8.99/lb here!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll bring sweet cherries, blueberries and raspberries!!!
Sure looks like you had fun at your pond!
I wish I could be there...

Love,
Bonnie

nani said...

I would love to share some warm with you...we had 94 today, so I have plenty to spare! And I would love some fish too!!! I will think warm thoughts for all my AK family :)

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

No joke about the weather and the produce! We are consuming as much as we can of both while down here in sunny CA! We are getting ready to move back in under the rain clouds here in another 2 days. We are all a little bummed but also ready to be home. Have to tell you all about it when we get home. Glad you aren't letting the weather keep you from getting out and enjoying the summer. After all, it sure beats 20 degrees!