Monday, January 19, 2009

Garratt's Robotics Competition

 

This past weekend, Garratt and I (and my Mom) traveled to Anchorage for Garratt's Robotics team to compete in the F.I.R.S.T. Lego League competition. It was a great first year for us! We know more now about what it takes to compete in something like this and Garratt had a wonderful time.

 

 

Is this the look of a stressed 12 year old, or a "I'm tired of all of the pictures and the videos" look?


The team won 3rd place on their ability to work as a team to solve a problem that they had to work out in front of the judges (no previous knowledge about the subject of the problem solving activity). It was a great way to end the day, since the other areas were areas that we knew that we would probably not get in the top 3 for. The boys did a great job encouraging each other and doing the best they could while nervous, new to competition, and not extremely prepared in some areas!
Thank you to all of you who prayed for our safety! The drive was tough, but the LORD guided us there and back safely and we are thankful!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

mama said...

Congrats Garratt! Missed you guys. Won't see you Weds either. :(

Bonnie said...

WOOHOO Garratt!! I'm so proud of you! Wait till I tell Nathan!

O Worship the King!
Mrs. Z

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Of all the prizes they could of received, this was the best place to excel! Congratulations! So proud of you and all your hard work.