Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mt. Redoubt has Erupted


Here's a link to more info and some pictures of the volcano near us: Alaska Volcano Observatory

Yep, Mt. Redoubt has erupted 5 or 6 times so far. The kiddos keep looking for the lava flows, but they've seen too much TV and video games to think that "erupting" means something besides the bubbling orange magma. We have been praying that the ash would blow away from us and to areas of Alaska that are uninhabited. We are thankful that so far the ash fall has been very minimal in the areas that have been affected and that we haven't seen any affects here so far. God has been gracious and even allowed us to have some sunshine peeking through the clouds today!

2 comments:

mama said...

I was surprised that we didn't know that it had erupted until someone told us. There was no major earthquake, etc. I've also been hoping and praying that the ash would blow away fro civilization. . . praying now for the people who are cleaning up from the mess!

auntjan said...

Woo, hoo, now if I can remember my blog name, I'll be good. I have a box ready to go, just have to wrap it in paper. Glad to hear the ash is not affecting you, I wondered. Love and miss you all soo much
Jan