
Thank you, Duggars, for a great recipe!! I know what you're thinking: that is gross - too much sugary stuff and way too rich for me. Try it -- you may be pleasantly surprised....we sure were!
Here's the recipe for those of you who are wanting to try a homemade icecream cake:
24 icecream sandwiches
8 oz. cool whip (more if you want to make a solid layer on top to decorate)
Hershey's chocolate syrup
Smuckers caramel syrup
2 king sized Butterfinger cander bars chopped up

In a 9"x 13" pan, layer 12 icecream sandwiches on bottom, 2nd layer - half of the Cool Whip (I used food coloring to make it the Birthday boy's requested color), 3rd layer - half of Butterfinger bars, squeeze generous amount of caramel and chocolate sauce over that, 4th layer - last 12 of the icecream sandwiches, 5th layer - Cool Whip, 6th layer - rest of Butterfinger bars, more caramel and chocolate syrup. I saved as much Cool Whip as I could to try to make as "clean" of a decorating surface as possible. The sprinkles covered up the bits of candy bars and syrups that were peeking through! :) You can eat it right away or freeze it until you want to eat it (I would recommend about a 20 minute thawing time after pulling it out of the freezer though). We pulled it straight out of the freezer and it was hard to cut and made us take our time eating it with small bites. We all really liked it! It was a refreshing change from the typical cake and icecream and much more economical than a premade icecream cake.

Wow! Ain't he cute and so proud of being 5? My how time flies! Happy Birthday, Little Man!

Now the other kiddos are requesting this cake for their birthdays!! Whoo Hoo!
2 comments:
It sounds like a yummy recipe. The photos did not come through for some reason! Bummer!
I'm not sure why the pictures aren't going through, but thanks for telling me -- gotta fix the next one too it looks like!
Post a Comment