He's Arrived!!!
Name: Toby
Height and Weight: Not very easy to measure...he's pretty wiggly! :) We're guessing around 30" long and about 25 pounds.
Proud Family: The Dohse gang
It's still setting in...Yesterday, we joined the ranks of dog owners and are still adjusting. With living in Alaska, it's almost a necessity, but it has taken a long time to gear up for it and we're glad we did (so far)!
He's really a good dog. A woman gave him to us through something called "freecycle" (thanks again, S, for getting me started!). If you do a search on freecycle and type in the name of your city with it, there's probably one in your area -- it's worth looking into! So, this woman cried while she handed the leash over to me and I cried as I took it. The children are having great fun and I'm trying to coordinate which baby gates to put up where. ;) Thanks to S.R. for giving us such a beautiful gift and for training Toby so well until we got him!

4 comments:
Wow whee friend! I know how to pray for you now more than ever!!!!
Take lots of deep breaths and have fun, puppies and children are a mix for great laughter and lots of funny memories.
He looks like a mellow boy and like a hunter dog..
and methinks he is going to get bigger!!
Give him something he can chew and step back and watch the fun!
Love,
Bonnie
He is such a cute dog. I think bonnie is right, he isn't gonna stay puppy sized for very long. I still am getting used to going to kiss my girls after they've been at Grandma's house loving on her new puppy, and finding they smell like puppy slobbers. Not the most pleasant experience.
He's ADORABLE!!! Four Children, and a DOG!!! Your one brave chick, I tell ya!!! Enjoy your new little friend :) :) Love and miss you!!
Hey Kristine - that's a real cute pup, I'll bet he has EVERYBODY wrapped around his little finger by now...
OK, I've got to warn you li'l sis': dogs are like kids and potato chips. It's hard to have just one.
We started our love affair with dogs with sweet-hearted Sam The Yeller Dog three years ago. Then, just this past summer, we "adopted" a second Lab (black & female this time) who is bigger, weighs more (~85 lbs), and has even more "personality" than Sam and she's NOT EVEN TWO YET!
Yeah, they DO get kinda big.
Every night at bedtime it's a dogs vs. people race to see who gets to sleep in the "big bed"!
Take care and enjoy your new dog!
Love,
Kirk
Post a Comment