Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rosh Hashanah

When the kiddos saw the creation cake, they immediately suggested that I compete in a cake competition on TV. Hee Hee! It was a cute cake, but not competition grade (I'll let the kiddos think what they want though!) So, Rosh Hashanah this year just happened to fall on my birthday. It was spent preparing for our party in the evening so I didn't do much in the way of birthday stuff. That's okay, it was only my 39th birthday. NEXT year (the big 4-0 for those of you that need help with the numbers) is when I want to be basking on the beaches in Hawaii or some other celebratory thing! :)
The girls dressed alike for our celebration and the challah turned out pretty too! What a blessing it was to ring in the New Year (the year 5770 according to the Hebraic Calendar) with great food and great friends and family!
This was taken toward the end of the night when the boys were running around wild and the girls were just sitting being pretty! Aren't they just beautiful! Thank you, Moira, for cooking such great food -- it was so yummy and the leftovers were fantastic too!
As the chefs were working in the kitchen, the kiddos of the group (there were 8) and I went to hang out at the park for a while. It was nice have some time to enjoy the sunshine and take some fun pictures.
The party was fun and full of worship to our great Creator and Sustainer! Thank you, Lord, for bringing us through another year celebrating Your goodness and Your grace! L'shana Tova everyone!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

glitzen said...

That cake is beautiful! ALl the pics are great. You are making me hungry though. :)