The movie was "Happy Feet" and it was nothing too spectacular, but nothing I would ban the children from watching again sometime either. There were a few things that could have easily been cut to make the movie much more pleasant to watch, but I figured that when I saw that it was rated PG. It's hard these days to find movies that I don't mind hearing quoted constantly (the children LOVE to memorize bits and pieces from the movies they watch). We have a video store down the road that is pretty reasonable in price (although the smell of wet dog about knocked me over when I opened the door). After coughing a couple of times, I asked where the penguin movie was and quickly got it and ran. We get to have the movie for 4 days, so it may come in handy in the next couple of days for me to get some things done (especially if it starts raining again!) And the video store has a slot to drop the movie into so the wet dog experience doesn't have to be repeated. The last time I was in there, it smelled like sweat, so the smell must change with the weather.....eeewww! :)
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Makin' Brownies
Weston got the "honor"
of licking the spatula after I made brownies yesterday. We've had a lot of rain this week, so it is harder to keep the kiddos occupied. We're hoping for a really nice, sunny day tomorrow so we can go on an outing. Tonight, it was not raining, but was pretty windy and cold, so we stayed in and watched a movie together. I actually was able to watch the whole thing (after popping the popcorn)! It is rare that Moms have the privilege of seeing a movie in its entirety if any of the children are still awake. :) Of course, by the end of the movie, Garratt and I were glued to the screen and the other 3 were playing with toys in the living room, but it still worked out okay! Granny watched it with us too, so she helped keep the noise down to a dull roar.
The movie was "Happy Feet" and it was nothing too spectacular, but nothing I would ban the children from watching again sometime either. There were a few things that could have easily been cut to make the movie much more pleasant to watch, but I figured that when I saw that it was rated PG. It's hard these days to find movies that I don't mind hearing quoted constantly (the children LOVE to memorize bits and pieces from the movies they watch). We have a video store down the road that is pretty reasonable in price (although the smell of wet dog about knocked me over when I opened the door). After coughing a couple of times, I asked where the penguin movie was and quickly got it and ran. We get to have the movie for 4 days, so it may come in handy in the next couple of days for me to get some things done (especially if it starts raining again!) And the video store has a slot to drop the movie into so the wet dog experience doesn't have to be repeated. The last time I was in there, it smelled like sweat, so the smell must change with the weather.....eeewww! :)
The movie was "Happy Feet" and it was nothing too spectacular, but nothing I would ban the children from watching again sometime either. There were a few things that could have easily been cut to make the movie much more pleasant to watch, but I figured that when I saw that it was rated PG. It's hard these days to find movies that I don't mind hearing quoted constantly (the children LOVE to memorize bits and pieces from the movies they watch). We have a video store down the road that is pretty reasonable in price (although the smell of wet dog about knocked me over when I opened the door). After coughing a couple of times, I asked where the penguin movie was and quickly got it and ran. We get to have the movie for 4 days, so it may come in handy in the next couple of days for me to get some things done (especially if it starts raining again!) And the video store has a slot to drop the movie into so the wet dog experience doesn't have to be repeated. The last time I was in there, it smelled like sweat, so the smell must change with the weather.....eeewww! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We are hoping for sun today too. Dan is off and I want a big adventure -- now just to figure out what. I still haven't seen Happy Feet but my mom thiks it is the cutest show ever. Of course I can't always trust her jusdgement because they soften so much as they turn from parents to grandparents ya know. Good to have another mom's opinion.
Post a Comment