My Mom took this picture when Weston was goofing around a couple of days ago. Those glasses are hilarious!!! He is such a joy...even with all of the 2 year old "struggles". He really wants to express his independence and hasn't developed his vocabulary enough to just say what he wants or doesn't want. We're working on it, though! It's almost 11 a.m. and he is being cheered on because he hasn't thrown any fits nor done any screaming yet today! :) I keep telling him, "Mommy is so happy that you're being a happy boy today!" He just beams when I say that....maybe that's one of the keys to his success. It's a very rainy Monday here and Mondays are generally "stay home days". Garratt is almost done with his goals for 4th grade school work, so we usually get a lot done together on Mondays in particular. Linnaea will work with me on reading while Garratt gets his independent work done (hopefully). Shaeanne is going to visit a friend today, so I'd better get going. Have a great week everyone!
4 comments:
Youngest children... lol...
Tristan still throw's tantrums!! Keep plugging away :), they grow so fast. luv ya!
Are you still homeschooling? Or just getting a head start on next year? I kinda wish I had my curriculum already. We would probably get started on it on these rainy days. I think I'm ready to face that whole thing again....i think?
Miss you.
Hi Alicia!
Yep...We took so many breaks during the school year that I feel that we need to at least do a couple of days a week through the summer to keep the skills up and eliminate "review time" in the fall. I kind of like doing it this way because then I don't feel guilty if we take more breaks than absolutely necessary! :) It does help me get jumpstarted for next school year, though. I don't use a packaged program for many of the subjects, so each year can easily transition into the next. Usually, the day after Labor Day, I put away the box of work from the "last school year" and officially call it a "new year". This also makes it easier to start new ideas throughout the year instead of everything being brand new in September. I don't know if it's a good idea or not, but so far it seems to be working out better for my personality (start big and give up 2 weeks later).
I Miss You too....we've gotta get together somehow!!
Hey Shanda!
He actually made it almost to lunch time and then the rest of the day was a typical "fit" day for him....but at least it WAS a better than average day! Yep....they DO grow like weeds (faster than we expect)!!
Love ya, Miss ya!
Post a Comment