Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm in a Piano Pickle!

So, the key was stuck down and I couldn't imagine what they would charge me to have it looked at at the music store!
So, I got brave, prayed for wisdom, and began to take the thing apart.
This is what I did to help myself remember what went where. Plus, I took quite a few pictures so I could always try to match the pictures if I had to. Two hours later....
You can see which two keys I had to take out and fiddle with and ultimately switch for others higher up, but it plays. The clicking sound is annoying, but I can still play it and I'm watching the kids like a hawk whenever they go near the piano!!! This piano is only 5 years old and needs to last for much, much longer.....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mama said...

Wow, you are brave! I think I'd have just taken it in. But then again, I am famous for taking something apart and NOT being able to get it back together!