Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Aviation, Amy Grant and an Area Rug!
Garratt is studying aviation in school and has a great hands-on resource to make the airplanes of history. This plane is called the Wright flyer and flew tail first. The first flight lasted 12 seconds and covered only 120 feet. We've come a long way since December 17, 1903!
On Nov. 25, Linnaea got an idea to make a birthday cake "just for fun" and Poppy obliged. So, the two of them made the birthday cake, Poppy looked on the computer to see whose birthdays were on that day and they decided that Amy Grant would be the honoree. We sang and Linnaea blew out the candles (since Amy couldn't come) and we enjoyed an impromptu celebration. Kind of unusual, but exactly what I would imagine when I think about what homeschooling is all about!:)
Yeah!! Our living room is gorgeous!!! It is simple, uncluttered (well there are a few shelves that could use some simplifying) and very comfortable. What a blessing!
It was kind of a shame to cover up the flooring with the area rug (another purchase from over a year ago when we still had money from the loan). The rug is beautiful though and sets the tone for the feel I'm hoping to achieve with the addition: The outdoors indoors. I'd like to eventually get branches and pinecones and stuff from the outdoors to decorate the walls with. Some artwork for the walls and maybe a trickling water wall or a small fountain and it'll feel like a million bucks! I really haven't lived anywhere long enough to think of painting the walls and having a coordinating color scheme, so this is a nice change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How fun!! Can't wait until my boys will be getting into advanced and specialized things.
BTW, did you know Amy has a blog?
http://amygrant.typepad.com/
Post a Comment