Monday, December 29, 2008

Final day of Hanukkah!

 

What a blessing Hanukkah has been this year in particular! Weston has seemed to have changed his favorite praise song to "Shine, Jesus, Shine" and it just goes with the whole theme of the Festival of Lights. At church last night, it was pointed out that this song is a prayer and that we are only a light as we reflect the true Light. This concept sort of does away with the "This Little Light of Mine" song: 1) It's not "little" and 2) It's not mine. Some unkind words said to me have been rattling around in my head way too much and I need to just shine the Light of God's Word on the situation, shake the dust off of my sandals and leave that place of destruction that has been built in my heart. The kiddos and I went to a Hanukkah party on Saturday and were blessed with peace and the feeling of protection by being with brothers and sisters in Yeshua that have such encouraging and life giving words. I have been truly blessed this Hanukkah season by the Light of the World and His light shining through others! May you enjoy the Light today and always! Happy Hanukkah everyone!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh how I wish we could celebrate together!!! I like how you mentioned the song--sometimes what we sing doesn't gel theologically at all, but because it has been done for so long, it is like grandfathered in.
The pic of your family is a treasure!

And you my dear, shine the love of Jesus all over your mole free face!!!!!!!!!
I Love You!
Bonnie

mama said...

It is always wonderful to fellowship with others, the Hanukkah party big on that list. Keep on reflectin', sister!