Sunday, December 28, 2008

Don's Kosher Bills and a Family Picture

 

 

 

Don wanted a take-down bow and I wasn't about to try to pick one out, so he got cash this year. After doing a google search on creative ways to give cash, the bill pickle idea sounded perfect. I had green balloons (the kind you make animals out of) and a balloon pump, so got to work creating a one-of-a-kind sort of gift for Don. He was baffled at first because he couldn't figure out why I would give him a bunch of balloons in a jug with water. Then, after looking a little more carefully, he saw the money rolled up inside each balloon. It was fun and he was pleasantly surprised. And if you're wondering about the packaging that has "From: Your Favorite Wife"....Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr....hilarious movie!!

 

Here's our attempt at a family picture. Granny and Poppy had the camera ready for us when we got home from church last Sunday and this is the best picture we got! It does make me smile, though, because the look on Weston's face just says it all! :) AH, Memories.....
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

mama said...

OK this is pathetic. I had to re-read this post a few times. I kept thinking, "Do you mean kosher Dills?" Oh! I get it now! . . . Moving right along. . .

Cranberry Hill said...

I love the girls dresses, they are so pretty.

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

I LOVE your idea for Don's gift. That is so clever. I was a little disoriented by your 'ranting at Christmas tradiitons' post to be honest. I think we as Christians should be the most enthusiastic celebrators this time of year. I don't see anything inherently evil or anti-christ in our traditions and celebrations. I'm glad you have Don to keep you swinging closer to center on all that. It's easy to get unbalanced without the imput of our spouses. God knew that and that is why He gave them to us, right?! Not everyone can relate to your Jewish celebrations because we aren't Jewish, we are Gentiles and those aren't our customs BUT hopefully your friends will try to understand where you are coming from. We all feel loved when we feel understood. We shouldn't however make ourselves TOO hard to understand. Understand our audience when sharing, etc. .. like we learned in speech giving class ... etc. ;) I love you and your beautiful family. Glad to see that you had such a great Christmas celebration together.

glitzen said...

Wonderful family pic! Classic!