Tuesday, October 16, 2007

New Stairway!


The stairway looks great and this time I actually got to help in the construction. I feel like so much of this addition is out of my realm of comprehension, but the layout for the stairs needed some Trigonometry number crunching and I was more than happy to help out there! It's really neat how you can change things within a certain range in a simple stairway (how high do you want to lift your foot for each step, and how deep do you want each step?). It was a blast to pull out my trusty TI-34 (the calculator that has been my computing friend since high school) and have a blast "sining and cosining" away! :) Thanks to Dad and Don, it looks great and we are just about ready to move our entrance officially. Now we can park out front and walk right down to our front door! We just got the van back from the shop, and thankfully the Lord had kept it running until we received our "Alaska money". We pray that He'll see fit to keep that '99 runnin' until next October when we're praying about downsizing to a mini-van.

The girls have spent quite a lot of time running up and down the new stairway for their "exercises". :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dan and Alicia Marlowe said...

Oh my goodness! "Exercises" already? I'm picturing 80's style leotards and leg warmers. "All right girls! It's time to work it out!"

nani said...

oh...I miss you so! What a blessing to have your blog to keep up with the family and see the great pics of the kids!! Don't stop!!

Give squeezes from me all around!
Love you!
C

p.s....you're a math geek??? who knew?!

Kreg said...

Ahhh...the Olson mathematical genes!!