Thursday, October 18, 2007

Smoothie!


Weston and I share a smoothie many mornings for breakfast. It has been key to my gradual weight loss and has really helped me feel much healthier overall. The ingredients list is growing as I find more and more yummy things to put in it. Pomegranates just arrived at the grocery store, so when they are here I use a small handful of the seeds. The main ingredients are raspberries (usually frozen from the grocery store -- am hoping for my own raspberry patch in the next couple of years!), 1/2 an orange, other frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc...), 1/2 cup rice bran, 1 Tblsp. fruit and vegetable powder, a nice sized spoonful of strawberry sorbet, about 1-1 1/2 cups soy milk, and water. I was able to get a blender last year that will handle such a load and it makes for a nice smooth texture and doesn't bog down easily. Because there are no dairy products in it, Weston can have as much as I'll let him have, so he usually drinks it all up without too much of a mess and enjoys this treat with Mom. :) This particular morning, he had that look on his face like, "Am I in trouble, Mom, or am I just too cute?". You guessed it - - I said, "Don't move, Weston! Mama's got to get the camera!"
Posted by Picasa